Some of you may be familiar with Fileline, the filing division of Rackline, established over 30 years ago to provide filing solutions, filing supplies, audits and move management. Well, now we have made it even easier for you to find out about our filing solutions by bringing all the information you need under the Rackline website.
Fileline complements the storage solutions we provide by ensuring you have the right filing solutions to keep your documents in good order.
We can also audit your existing systems to see where improvements can be made and take the worry out of moving to a new filing system by undertaking the transfer and conversion of your existing system into the new one.
If you’d like to speak to us about any of our Fileline products or services, please call us on 01782 770 144.
or click here to visit our online store.
Filing solutions & tips to better manage your documents
To give you a helping hand with your filing solutions, why not follow our top filing tips?
- Follow a consistent method – whatever method of labelling, sorting and storing you start out with, it’s best to follow. This makes it easier when you have multiple people filing items in the same system and can save you time when retrieving files. Our colour coded labels can help you find things more easily.
- Store related items together – by keeping all documents relating to a particular project or client in the same place or close by, you can make it easier to find what you are looking for.
- Don’t store unnecessary documents – tempting as it may be, particularly when you are in an organised mode, to store anything and everything that has been printed off, you might be wasting time and space storing unnecessary items. Having too much of this clutter, will make it harder and more time consuming to retrieve what you need from your files.
- Don’t put too much in each folder – again it can be tempting to try and squeeze one more document into a folder, but in doing so you risk breaking the folder and making it more difficult to find what you need. It is easy to re-order items from Fileline, so just order a few more files than you think you might need and then you can set up sub folders to accommodate the extra documents.
- Store finished and ongoing projects separately – by keeping your files for ongoing projects/clients clearly separated from finished and old ones you can save yourself the time of searching through irrelevant documents.
Need more help with filing solutions for your business?
Please click here for more information on Fileline products and services or call us on 01782 770 144 to speak to a member of our team.