Flammable storage cabinets are cabinets which are designed to meet the safety criteria for handling flammable items.
Usually small flammable cabinets are convenient as they can be adjusted to fit limited spaces and they also offer a safe place for storing goods. Let us check their important features:
- Most flammable storage cabinets are built with 18 gauge steel and the side, top, bottom and doors have double walled storage cabinets, which have 1½ inch air space between their walls.
- These flammable cabinets come in bright colours and have a warning sign for caution.
- Flammable storage cabinets come fitted with shelves that are adjustable and one can easily move them to make further space.
- The main function of these cabinets is to protect flammable items from catching fire. They also prevent excessive internal temperatures even in the presence of fire and help in preventing fire from spreading.
- One should not keep more than the required amount of flammable matter in the workplace or premises, and the cabinets should not be placed near exits or sitting areas.