Your office is a place of business and must always be kept clean. A clean and well organised office helps in impressing your clients. Your office should inspire the flow of ideas and make those working feel productive.
Here are some basic yet useful tips that will make your work day more fruitful and efficient.
- Get in the habit of cleaning your desk every day. It is very discouraging to walk in the next day and find a desk scattered with unfinished work.
- Keep a notepad, pens and pencils always on your desk. It is better to place them near your phone, so while conversing you can also take notes. It is impolite to keep a client on hold while you scamper for a paper and pen.
- Keep the files you often use in an organised manner. You save on valuable time if important files or documents such as client folders, project papers, are easily accessible.
- Keep your office space well lit. Proper lighting in your office provides a lively atmosphere and will not make you and your employees feel dull and tired.
- Avoid eating on your work desk. It is very sloppy to have spills, crumbs and other food particles stained on your important papers.
Storage systems such as shelves, racks and cabinets are ideal for storing all kinds of office items. Selecting the proper storage system for your office not only helps in proper space utilisation but also provides a stylish and tidy look to your office.